Friday, April 08, 2011

Man, I didn't realize this whole recovery process would take longer than a week. Yesterday after work I hit the gym for 45 minutes on the elliptical. That decision ranks high on my recent “dumbass decision” list. I survived the workout but my health plummeted toward evening. My body's too worn out for the gym and today, again, I have no energy.

This week has been ok, though. I drove to the office every day and got a lot done. If I hadn't I imagine the backlog would bother me, anyway, so I'm glad I didn't take time off, even if just about every night I collapsed as soon as I returned home. This weekend is wide open, at least, and I'm taking it easy. I'll read Steinbeck and wear my pajamas. This morning I hit Kohl's, where they didn't have futon covers, and Target, where they did. I picked one up before stopping at Costco for a few things (yogurt, Dayquil, pizza, laundry detergent). The skies are grey and the air cold, in the forties, but we're due for the seventies, believe it or not, Sunday.

Earlier this week I re-read Hesse's Demian, review soon. I've also been listening to the Kate Bush back catalog. I hadn't listened to her early material in a year, at least. That was kind of fun.

Boogers are running all over. I'm going to fold laundry and drink some tea. More later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really are boogery this week! Feel better soon. :)