Wednesday, March 30, 2011

(From earlier today...)

I'm sitting under a tree, drinking a latte, near the Alterra stand at the Milwaukee airport. Hold on. I'm taking off my suitcoat. That's better. Milwaukee's airport inexplicably doesn't provide free internet access but, other than that mortal sin, I like the Milwaukee airport. How many airports have used bookstores? The space is open and I don't think I've ever seen the space what I would call crowded. Today's crowd is veering toward the business traveler variety. Where are they going at 1:20 in the afternoon? Home from a meeting or out to a meeting?

Anyway, although I'm sure I'm posting this well after I'm writing, today and last night were ok. Let's start with last night, shall we? After I logged off the blog I cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and office, minor cleaning, really, more making sure the counters were organized and blankets off the floor than real cleaning. Then I read from Love is A Mix Tape and crashed fairly by 8:30. This morning I rose by four but chose not to work out. My legs hurt. Maybe I've pushed too hard. When I put the numbers together I see almost three years of six days a week cardio. Only in the last couple months have I cut back to five days and the first year I was more likely to knock out fourteen or fifteen consecutive days without a break. My legs are telling me they can't handle the stress. But the rest of my body wants to bounce off the walls if I don't get the cardio. I'm not sure what to do. Bike? Maybe I'll work the bike into the mix. Tonight I want to stay up late (more on why in a second) so maybe I'll go for an uncharacteristic late night walk. I'm slightly wired but I'm not sure what to do. At least I've been eating healthier.

So this morning I arrived at the office by 6:30. By 11:30 I had refined next week's planning, answered email, outlined an assignment for the M/W class, interviewed a freshman, talked with a couple other students, and sent out an updated draft of the NCATE standard six crap. I swung by Borders but, alas, the same discounts ruled and I didn't buy anything. Then I hustled to an MPS school for an observation, took notes on laptop (I should have started this practice a couple years back rather than writing by hand and transcribing later), and drove to the airport.

A midget/dwarf/little person woman just passed.
Tomorrow my wisdom teeth are scheduled for removal. I dropped an extra couple hundred bucks for the good anasethia (sp?). I don't care. I've got a job. I want to be knocked out. I don't know if I've ever been medically sedated to that point before. I don't want to remember anything. Friday I'm off as well, avoiding a meeting, so I'll watch baseball and recover. Oh, that's why I want to stay up later tonight. After I wake tomorrow I can't eat or drink anything, including coffee. Set me up for failure, why don't you, oral surgeon. Anyway, since the appointment starts at 10:45 and I can't eat after 4:45AM I want to stay up until at least midnight, eating drinking, etc., then hopefully sleep until nine or so. M's taking me to the appointment. She's on spring break.

Ok, I'm going to read. More later.

No comments: